Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Complementary pattern mixing – Mistura de padrões complementares


Hello my lovelies, first of all I want to start by thanking lovely Zhanna from Stylehenge.com for featuring one of my outfits on an article about the rose print trend over at her blog; you can read the article here, I highly recommend it! 

Moving on to today’s outfit, the top and shorts are a matching set that I’ve bought recently (you’ve seen me wearing the top alone here); as to any other statement set on sale on well known RTW shops, there is always the risk of going out and seeing others wearing exactly the same combo, so I avoid buying this type of garments/sets; for this one I opened an exception for the following reasons: 

1 – I love it so much, both the top and the shorts; they are perfect together and fit me like a glove; 

2 – I haven’t find similar coordinating fabrics to be able to make my own complementary print set; 

3 – I could see tremendous possibilities for wearing each of the set’s elements alone coordinated with my other wardrobe items. 

So today I’m wearing the set with an asymmetric draped collar leather jacket and OTK black boots, keeping the accessories to the minimum (left out from the pictures is my large black leather tote bag that you already seen several times here on the blog). 

As always, hope you all are having a lovely day! 
 
--- 
 
Olá meus queridos, antes de mais queria agradecer à Zhanna, autora do blogue Stylehenge.com por ter escolhido um dos meus coordenados para ilustrar a tendência estampados de rosas num fabuloso artigo no seu blogue; podem ler o artigo aqui, recomendo vivamente! 

Passando ao coordenado de hoje, o top e os calções são um conjunto que comprei recentemente (já me viram a usar o top aqui); como acontece com outros conjuntos marcantes que se vendem em lojas conhecidas e acessíveis, há sempre o risco de sairmos à rua e encontramos uma ou mais pessoas a usarem a mesma coisa, por isso costumo evitar este tipo de compras,… No entanto abri uma exceção neste caso, pelos motivos que enumero de seguida: 

1 – Adorei o conjunto, os tecidos e os modelos; funcionam na perfeição juntos e assentam-me como uma luva; 

2 – Não consegui encontrar tecidos com padrões coordenados semelhantes, de contrário teria feito o meu próprio conjunto, não igual, mas dentro do mesmo conceito; 

3 – Vi logo uma série de possibilidades para coordenar as duas peças em separado, com outras peças já existentes no meu guarda-roupa. 

Pois então, hoje estou a usar o conjunto com uma jaqueta de couro com gola drapeada assimétrica e as minhas botas “sobre-o-joelho”, mantendo os acessórios no mínimo (excluída das fotos está a minha bolsa preta grande de couro, a qual já viram muitas vezes por aqui). Como sempre, espero que estejam a ter um lindo dia!


16 comments:

  1. Hello my dear darling!!!!
    You are welcome darling, but in fact it was my big pleasure to feature your gorgeous outfit my dear friend!!! I will repeat myself again by saying that you always look great, and you are a true INSPIRATION to me!

    as to your today's outfit, I want to start by exclaiming very loud WOW!!! Tany you look so beautiful, chic and super trendy, I love how you smartly assembled this monochrome outfit and you look fantastic in shorts! I am a huge fan of shorts, I think they are very comfortable as opposed to short skirts. And you are so right, the pieces alone can be worn separately and styled in so many beautiful ways. I think this set is a great investment and your OTK boots are great, I love the fact that they don't have any zips as far as I can see, they are just pull on, which is my favorite and important feature when it comes to choosing these type of footwear.
    I don't mean to put any pressure on you since you are a working mom and wife, but just want you to know that I always wait for your posts with great anticipation :)!
    Love you my darling, kisses and big hugs from a very good friend of yours! <333333333333333

    Zhanna
    www.stylehenge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my darling! I feel great in today's outfit, it's very "me"! And you don't put pressure on me at all, I do that to myself already! I love blogging, sharing and all this so much that I feel very unhappy when for some reason I am unable to publish my daily updates and/or my sewing articles!
      Love you too, dear friend!!!! <3333333333{{{HUGS}}}

      Delete
  2. Adoreeeeeeeeei esse look! Incrível a combinação da saia + blusa! ♥♥♥

    Beijos!
    http://www.ohchic.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing look!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dalring, I am completely obsessed with this graphic printed outfit, you have done an amazing task of pattern mixing, the grid print is so chic and modern, love the savvy styling too. I want a pair of boots and jacket this this. Yes, I can imagine the High street stores have copied all the runway looks! Thanks for stopping by hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool outfit, love them heat to toe :)
    Nice pics too
    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com.br/2014/03/like-xmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my dear darling! how are you? Just wanted to say Hi and wish you Happy Friday and a nice weekend ahead! Lots of love, kisses and warm hugs from me <33333333333
    Zhanna,
    www.stylehenge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dearest friend, hope all is well! I'm OK, just very tired; had to travel to Lisbon to a meeting and I got back really late... There's a lot going on right now, I foresee very busy days ahead.... :(
      Warm hugs to you too, sweetie, lots of love <333333333

      Delete
  7. Adoro esses quadrados <3
    Estás linda como sempre e as botas são de morrer.
    Bom fim de semana!!

    Beijinho grande,
    Vanessa Ribeiro
    http://nessabyvanessaribeiro.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. just bookmarked your blog...looking forward to seeing more posts! would love you to give me some advice on my blog as im trying to make it as good as possible :)x

    www.stonefoxinterrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like this mix n match...and u look really great
    follow you via G + and Bloglovin, u plz follow me via GFC..It doesn't work for me..;(
    keep in touch sweets.

    http://glamforgood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Teresa, thanks a million for taking the time to stop and comment, you are so sweet and thoughtful. May your week be filled with calm & creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!