Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Self-made Maryling inspired plaid jacket and mini-skirt and Happy New Year!

Keep reading for more photos and outfit details (please consider supporting by disabling the ad-blocker and reloading the page)
---
Continuem a ler para verem mais fotos e detalhes (para promover e apoiar o meu trabalho, por favor desativem o ad-blocker e recarreguem a página)


EN: I said I would make this suit, didn't I? (read my previous post about the inspirational look and the pattern adaptations here). Well, it is done and I love it! Yes it is based on model 121 from the November issue of BurdaStyle magazine, with a completely redrafted front (I reverse engineered all the panels and waist band into a single piece front with a chest dart, adding large pockets with flaps), modified back (bias cut mirrored yoke and no waist band) and modified sleeves (merged the inner sleeve with the outer sleeve at the cuff level, all cut on grain, making a round seam and cutting the modified upper sleeve on the bias). I decided to keep Burdastyle's collar because I think it works better with my thick brushed wool, and I also added shoulder tabs. My jacket is similar to the Marylings's but diferent at the same time, mainly because of the collar and absence of the shirt-like sleeve cuffs. The skirt is a simple bias-cut A-line mini-skirt; I used a pattern from the the Portuguese edition of Burdastyle's "Wardrobe Essentials" book, same as my green plaid mini-skirt (see it here).

The mother of pearl buttons on the jacket belonged to my dear friend Paco who sadly has passed away in early February of 2019. He will always be in my heart, in what I make and in my constant quest for perfection.

I will update this post with the link to the sewing review later. Wishing you all a Happy New Year with many Sewing Achievements!

Follow me on:

---
PT: Eu disse que ia fazer este conjunto, não disse? (leiam o artigo sobre a inspiração e as adaptações do molde aqui). Bem, o conjunto está terminado e adoro-o! SIm, o molde foi baseado no modelo 121 da revista BurdaStyle de Novembro, com a frente completamente redesenhada (fiz engenharia inversa para transformar todos os paineis e banda da cintura numa frente única com pinça de peito e acrescentei bolsos grandes com paletas), as costas modificadas (eliminei a banda da cintura e cortei a pala das costas espelhada no viés), as mangas também alteradas (transformei unindo o molde do painel interior com o exterior ao nível do punho, fazendo uma costura de união redonda no painel superior; o painel interior com punho foi cortado no fio direito e o exterior no viés). Decidi manter a gola da jaqueta da Burda porque acho que resulta melhor com  a lã grossa escovada que usei; também acrescentei presilhas nos ombros. A minha jaqueta é parecida com a da Maryling mas diferente ao mesmo tempo, pela gola e ausência de punhos camiseiros. A mini-saia foi confecionada com o mesmo molde da minha saia de xadrez verde (podem ver aqui), mas com os painéis cortados no viés.

Os botões de madrepérola da jaqueta pertenceram ao meu querido Amigo Paco, que infelizmente nos deixou em inicio de Fevereiro de 2019. Estará sempre comigo, naquilo que faço e na minha constante busca por perfeição.

Mais tarde atualizarei este artigo com o link para o artigo sobre a confeção. Desejo a todos um Excelente Ano Novo, pleno de Boas Costuras!

Sigam-me aqui:







I'm wearing self-made jacket and mini-skirt, Mango boots (old), Furla sunnies (old), Parfois earrings and Jetlag ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!