Saturday, September 14, 2019

The last pattern from Paco Peralta: V1647, a jumpsuit with contrast trim insets

Keep reading for more photos and outfit details (please consider supporting by disabling the ad-blocker and reloading the page
Continuem a ler para verem mais fotos e detalhes (para promover e apoiar o meu trabalho, por favor desativem o ad-blocker e recarreguem a página)


EN: It has been a while since I last updated this blog,... I haven't been much in the mood of taking outfit photos, actually. It takes so much time to do it all by myself with just my camera, the tripod and a remote... There's always an excuse not to do it, and spending more time at the sewing machine is the best excuse of all. Anyway, I've got some catching up to do and I want to start by showing the last garment that I've made, a tribute to Paco Peralta who sadly has left us early this year. I miss him so terribly and I was quite emotional through the sewing process, often hurting and in tears. The pattern is V1647 released in the latest Vogue Patterns Fall collection. I used a high quality suiting fabric (more details on Couture et Tricot) and cut size 14 with just a few minor tweaks (basically narrowing it slightly because I have lost some weight). I think it turned out beautifully, with its fitted bodice and very wide leg pants. The seam insets are a feature often used by Paco and I can only say that this pattern is brilliant and timeless as is all his work. It's a shame that he has left us so early and his creations are a legacy to us, the sewing community. The daily conversations and the memory of his friendship will remain in my mind forever.

I'm wearing the jumpsuit with black suede sandals, black bangles and black&white bead tassel statement earrings, keeping it simple and letting the jumpsuit shine. The neighbor's cat, Felix, came up to visit and was enjoying the photo shoot :). Thank you all for visiting, see you next time.

Follow me on:

Facebook / Bloglovin / Instagram
---
PT: Passou algum tempo desde a última vez que atualizei este blogue,... A verdade é que não me tem apetecido tirar fotos dos looks, toma-me muito tempo e energia fazê-lo eu mesma, só com a minha máquina, tripé e controlo remoto... Há sempre uma desculpa para não o fazer, e a melhor de todas é passar mais tempo na máquina de costura. Seja como for, tenho bastante para por em dia e queria começar pela última peça que confecionei, em homenagem ao Paco Peralta que infelizmente nos deixou no inicio deste ano. Sinto imenso a falta dele e este projeto foi bastante emotivo, com dor e lágrimas à mistura. O molde é o V1647 lançado na última coleção de Outono da Vogue Patterns. Usei um tecido de alfaiateria de alta qualidade (mais detalhes no Couture et Tricot) e cortei o tamanho 14, com ajustes mínimos na largura (perdi algum peso ultimamente). Na minha opinião ficou fantástico, com o seu corpinho ajustado e calças muito amplas. O vivo nas costuras era um detalhe que o Paco usava frequentemente e este molde é brilhante e intemporal como é todo o seu trabalho. É uma perda enorme para a comunidade de costura que ele nos tenha deixado tão cedo; resta-nos apenas o seu legado na forma das suas criações e quanto a mim, nunca vou perder as boas recordações do Amigo com quem conversava todos os dias.

Estou a usar o macacão com sandálias de camurça e bangles pretas, além de uns brincos grandes de contas pretas e brancas, num conjunto simples que pretende dar todo o destaque ao macacão. O gato do vizinho, o Félix, parece que gosta de ser fotografado comigo! Obrigada por aparecerem e até à próxima.

Sigam-me aqui:






The jumpsuit is self-made; the sunnies are Massimo Dutti (old), the statement bead tassel earrings are from Mango, bangles are old (can't remember where I bought them) and sandals are from Uterque (summer 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!