Monday, October 28, 2019

Self-Made Red High-Waisted Wide-Leg pants: Red and Lavender color combo look of the day

Keep reading for the outfit details (please consider supporting by disabling the ad-blocker and reloading the page)
---
Continuem a ler para conhecerem os detalhes do conjunto (para promover e apoiar o meu trabalho, por favor desativem o ad-blocker e recarreguem a página)

EN: Recently I've lost some weight (diet, exercising, strong will and consistency did the trick), and I am facing the fact that many of my clothes no longer fit; I am either tailoring some of my clothes to fit (which I hate doing)  or making new clothes. I've been a fan of high-waist wide leg pants since I can remember, and even more if the pants are red, so I decided to make a new pair. The pattern I used was featured in a BurdaStyle special edition book, released in Portuguese, titled "Wardrobe Essentials" (translated from the original Portuguese title). The sewing review will be published later on Couture et Tricot so stay tuned for it, but in the meanwhile I can tell you that the pants came out really great!

PT: Recentemente perdi algum peso (foi preciso dieta, exercício, vontade de ferro/teimosia e consistência), e estou perante a evidência de muitas das minhas roupas deixarem de servir; tendo a opção de ajustar as minhas roupas (detesto fazê-lo) opto mais facilmente por confecionar roupas novas. Desde que me conheço sou fã de calças de cintura alta com perna larga, e em especial se forem vermelhas, por isso decidi fazer umas novas. O molde que usei saiu no livro edição especial "Essenciais do seu Guarda-Roupa" da BurdaStyle Portugal. O artigo sobre a confeção sairá em breve no Couture et Tricot (mantenham-se atentos), mas entretanto já vos posso dizer que as calças ficaram espetaculares!

EN: I wanted to wear the pants right away, so today I came up with this really great outfit (at least in my opinion), inspired by Victoria Beckham mostly :). It's a shame, but since it was raining this morning I wasn't able to take outfit photos,... I did make a little collage to illustrate the look, though. In the outfit collage, the pants are not mine (see mine above), but are there so you can get the idea of the look. All the other outfit element photos correspond to real items I actually own. I am combining the red pants with lilac/violet elements: a sheer blouse with a tie bow and original sleeves (Mango, two seasons ago) and an over-sized overcoat (also Mango, two seasons ago); the overcoat has an interesting pearl detail on the cuffs so I thought it would be nice to add some more pearl accessories to the look, including a pearl pin. I'm also wearing a red skinny leather/chain combined belt (very old, also from Mango) and red cowboy boots (Zara, current season). The Adidas stewardess bag has been my go-to bag lately, because it's really practical to carry all my stuff around ;).

PT: Quis usar as calças logo, e hoje surgiu-me a idea para este conjunto, na minha opinião muito bonito, com as calças combinadas com elementos em lilás (em grande parte inspirada pela Victoria Beckham, hehe :) ). Foi uma pena estar a chover e não conseguir tirar fotos a usar o conjunto, então em vez disso fiz esta colagem. Na colagem, as calças não são as minhas (as minhas podem ver na foto acima), estão lá só para terem uma ideia da conjugação; todos os outros elementos correspondem a peças reais do meu guarda-roupa. Combinei as calças vermelhas com uma blusa lilás com laço no decote e mangas muito originais (da Mango, duas estações atrás) e um sobretudo da mesma cor (também da Mango, duas estações atrás). Os punhos do sobretudo têm um detalhe original com pérolas, por isso achei bem acessorizar com as mesmas, incluindo um alfinete muito giro. Também acrescentei um cinto "skinny" vermelho com tachas e corrente (muito antigo, também da Mango) e botas texanas vermelhas (estas da coleção atual da Zara). A bolsa estilo hospedeira da Adidas tem sido uma companheira frequente ultimamente, pois consigo meter a minha tralha toda lá dentro ;).
EN: Below you can see where the inspiration came from,... I am in love with VB's first outfit and I am determined to knock-off that baby blue blouse of hers,... The red pants are the epitome of chic, in my opinion. 

PT: Abaixo podem ver de onde veio a minha inspiração,... Adoro o primeiro look da VB e estou também determinada a copiar aquela blusa azul-bebé,... As calças vermelhas são super-chiques, na minha opinião.
EN: Next you can see her wearing the same color combo, red and lilac/violet, a total look from her Fall 2019 RTW collection (here). The colors are unusual but really combine well, in my opinion, and having tried this color combo I can really vouch for it!

PT: A seguir podemos ver a Victoria a usar esta mesma combinação de cores, lilás e vermelho, desta num conjunto da sua coleção de pronto-a-vestir Outono 2019 (aqui). A combinação de cores não é muito usual, mas na minha opinião conjuga muito bem, e tendo usado estas cores hoje, posso dizer-vos que o resultado é realmente bonito!
Thank you all for reading!

Follow me on:



Obrigada por aparecerem!

Sigam-me aqui:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!