Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mind games – Jogo mental


Wearing a new hat and the coat I’ve just made (sewing details are published here). Soon (probably in a couple of weeks) I'll take a break from winter sewing and gather up the inspiration and fabrics for start planning for my spring wardrobe. It’s not that I’m fed up with winter clothes, because they are my favorites, it’s just that I feel that I own too many of them by now, enough to feed my need for diversity until the winter is gone. I rarely repeat an outfit, and I’m always coming up with new ways of wearing my clothes, often mixing the old with the new… It’s kind of a mind game to me. Oh, and I don’t plan my outfits in advance; I decide what to wear while eating breakfast.

Estou a usar o meu novo chapéu e o casaco que terminei há pouco tempo (os detalhes de costura encontram-se publicados aqui). Em breve (daqui a algumas semanas provavelmente) irei fazer uma pausa na costura de Inverno para começar a reunir ideias e tecidos para o meu guarda-roupa de Primavera. Não que esteja já farta das roupas de Inverno, pois realmente são as minhas favoritas, mas sinto que tenho roupa demais, suficiente para preencher a minha necessidade de diversificar até que termine o Inverno. Raramente repito um conjunto, e estou sempre a congeminar novas formas de usar a minha roupa, muitas vezes misturando coisas novas com antigas… É uma espécie de jogo mental para mim. Ah, e não planeio adiantado o que vou vestir no dia seguinte; decido o que vou usar nesse dia enquanto tomo o pequeno almoço.

6 comments:

  1. Love the look. I wouldn't have thought to put a shawl over the coat. Great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely outfit. I like how the green is playing with the hat and lipstick. And the shoes I lovely too. i'm also in a hurry to finish my sewing projects planned for winter as I know in a few weeks I will already think only about spring clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pequeno almoço...
    O Português de Portugal é tão mais próximo do Francês (petit dejeuner) que o do Brasil!
    Aqui é café-da-manhã...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green and black (this and the previous post) look good! I have just started getting my outfits ready the night before. I was sick of being under stress when in a hurry in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your hat, and I agree with Gail, that shawl looks just right over the coat. I guess if you have a lot of lovely outfits to choose from, then it would not be too hard to work out what to wear in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O casaco é um espetáculo! Adorei a tua tonalidade de verde!
    Eu não era capaz de escolher a roupa no dia, mas isso sou eu. Não demoro tempo nenhum, mas tem de ser de vespera se não já sei que não vou gostar do que visto e vou demorar uma eternidade.

    Bjs

    Mónica

    PS- Adoro o chapéu!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!