Thursday, November 24, 2011

2011-11-24: Sunny days are back – Os dias solarengos estão de volta

 I woke up to a beautiful sunny day, after too many days of rain, strong winds and thunderstorms, and I was glad to finally be able to take a few outdoor shots without the risk of getting wet. I may say I was feeling edgy and in the mood for something on the daring side, lol. Most of what I’m wearing today was made by me and it’s not the first time some of these garments are featured in this blog. The fur coat (click here for the sewing review) is shown today without the matching snood; the lace dress (click here for the sewing review) is also wearable in cold weather just by layering it over a turtleneck sweater in the same color. I also added a knit bolero and these OTK boots to break away from the prettiness /sweetness of the ivory lace dress and balance the look a bit. Hope you like it!

PS1 - Thank you all who comented on my new hair color! I'm glad so many of you liked it!

PS2 – I’d also like to wish all my readers and friends in the U.S.A. and their families a Happy Thanksgiving. Also to my younger sister, who is in Phoenix Arizona visiting her boyfriend, hope she has a wonderful first Thanksgiving as well!



Hoje acordei para um dia lindo, após demasiados dias de chuva, vento e trovoada. Finalmente é possível tirar algumas fotos cá fora sem arriscar acabar toda encharcada! Devo dizer que acordei bem-disposta e a sentir-me irreverente, com disposição para usar algo audacioso, hehe. Grande parte deste conjunto foi feito por mim e não é a primeira vez que alguns destes elementos são vistos neste blogue. O casaco de pelo (cliquem aqui para os detalhes de costura) desta vez é usado sem a gola (“snood”) a condizer; o vestido de renda (cliquem aqui para os detalhes de costura) pode perfeitamente ser usado em tempo mais frio sobre um top de gola alta, neste caso da mesma cor. Também sobrepus um bolero de malha e estou a usar umas botas “sobre os joelhos” para contrabalançar um pouco a doçura do vestido de renda. Espero que gostem!

PS: Obrigada pelos elogios à minha nova cor de cabelo! Fico contente que tenham gostado!






7 comments:

  1. Realmente o facto de haver sol faz muita diferença na nossa disposição!

    O conjuto é bem original! Adorei imenso as botas!!!

    Bjs

    Mónica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit Tany!!! Love the mix of fur and lace:) Happy Thanksgiving btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OhMG Tany! Those boots are to DIE for! & that dress, coat & bag - just impeccable! Sun days are fun days
    Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great outfit, and I love the little waistcoat; did you make that as well? The dress is beautiful. How satisfying to look like you stepped out of the pages of a fashion magazine, and you made nearly everything yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lizzie! I didn't make the waistcoat, but it has been in my closet for many years...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea to wear a turtleneck wit a lace dress and the original color of your fur coat. The matching overknees finish the look perfectly:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the fur & lace together.....so modern & beautiful on you! Must say love the boots.....& the bolero too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!