Monday, April 20, 2015

Self-made faux suede coat (new) and striped dress – Casaco imitação de camurça feito por mim (novo) e vestido às riscas

Happy Monday to all, today I'm showing you guys the coat that I've finished making yesterday (phew, it was a stretch to finish it before the beginning of another working week; I don't have time for sewing during week days anymore so it would have meant that the coat would rest unfinished one more week,… No way!). This coat is intended to work as a dress too so I was unsure if I should add a lining or not… After trying the coat on I decided to add the lining because it hangs much better, in my opinion. I didn't line the sleeves though, just the body. I was also deciding on which buttons to use and finally opted for these snaps (I own a special tool to apply them, inherited from my grandfather on my mother’s side :) ). Today I'm wearing the coat with a striped tube dress and platform Mary Jane shoes. I was tempted to wear it with flared jeans instead but that combo is seen EVERYWHERE so I decided to be more original the first time wearing it… I will definitely wear it with flares in the future though, I love the look. 

I’ll link up with the sewing review as soon as it is published on my sewing blog. 

Thank you all so much for visiting, see you next time! 

Facebook / Bloglovin / Instagram 
--- 

Boa segunda-feira a todos! Hoje venho aqui mostrar-vos um casaco que terminei de coser ontem (mesmo até à hora de dormir! Como não tenho tempo de costurar durante a semana, se não o terminasse ontem ficaria mais uma semana à espera!). Este casaco também vai funcionar como vestido (abotoado e possivelmente com um cinto), por isso hesitei em forrá-lo; no entanto, depois de o vestir decidi que com um forro o caimento seria muito melhor e forrei-o, a exceção das mangas. Também estive muito indecisa quanto aos botões e acabei por escolher estas molas de pressão; tenho uma ferramenta especial para as aplicar, herdada do meu avô materno! Hoje resolvi estrear o casaco com um vestido tubo às riscas e sapatos Mary Jane com plataforma, pois o look jeans à boca-de-sino (bem anos 70) vê-se literalmente em todo o lado. Isto não significa que não o vá usar dessa forma, é uma combinação que me agrada muito,… Apenas quis ser um pouco diferente no dia de “estreia” ;) 

Mal tenha o artigo de costura publicado ponho aqui o link!
Obrigada por aparecerem e até à próxima!

Facebook / Bloglovin / Instagram 




(all photos by me)
(todas as fotos tiradas por mim)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!