Monday, February 19, 2018

Wearing my makes: DP Studio's sherpa jacket (Le103a) and "Jupe-culotte" (Le410, from Modes&Travaux)

 Keep reading for more photos & outfit details / Continuem a ler para verem mais fotos e detalhes

EN: Today I am very happy to be able to show you guys this outfit, entirely sewn by me: the asymmetrical sherpa jacket is one of the patterns in DP Studio's collection#3 and I wanted to make it as close to the original as possible, because, well, I loved it as it is. For those interested in the sewing process, the sewing review and tutorials are published on my sewing blog (here). I was very pleased with this pattern and perhaps I will make it again in a more traditional fabric, like wool velours.

The culottes are one of the exclusive DP Studio patterns published in a special issue of the French magazine Modes&Travaux couture; I found a problem with the grading of the pattern, which maintains the crotch line for all sizes. It will be alright for the smaller sizes but since I cut the 42, I referred to DP Studio's pattern making books and was able to correct the pattern for my size. I made these culottes a couple of weeks ago, using fine wool fabric from my stash but I haven't posted a sewing review yet. Other than the issue with the crotch line the pattern was OK and I love its lines. There's an inverted pleat at center front and slanted hip pockets on the sides; the closure is located at the center back by the means of an invisible zipper.
Thank you all for visiting!

Facebook / Bloglovin / Instagram
---
PT: Estou feliz por poder mostrar hoje este conjunto inteiramente confecionado por mim: a jaqueta (ou caban) assimétrica feita de imitação de cordeiro saiu na coleção#3 de DP Studio e gostei tanto do original que tinha de fazer uma o mais parecida possível. Para quem estiver interessado nos detalhes de costura, como sempre pode achá-los no meu blogue dedicado ao assunto (aqui). Fiquei muito satisfeita com o molde e com o resultado final, por isso é provável que venha a fazer outra interpretação, talvez usando um tecido mais tradicional como veludo de lã.
O molde das culotes é um dos vários modelos exclusivos DP Studio publicados na edição especial de costura da revista Francesa Modes&Travaux; encontrei um problema com a gradação do molde que afeta apenas os tamanhos acima maiores e como tracei o 42 tive de alterar o molde. Como tenho os livros de patronagem DP Studio, foi fácil fazer a alteração e as culotes ficaram perfeitas. Já as fiz há algumas semanas, mas para já não escrevi o artigo da confeção. Posso adiantar que usei uma tela de lã fina que tinha em casa há alguns anos e que o molde é fácil de confecionar: trata-se de uma saia linha A sem pinças (as pinças são fechadas para "abrir" a linha da saia) transformada em culote com a adição de um macho na frente e bolsos inclinados metidos na anca. A culote fecha com um fecho invisível atrás.
Obrigada a todos por aparecerem!

Facebook / Bloglovin / Instagram





Self-made jacket and culottes, Zara turtleneck and OTK boots (both old), eBay sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!