Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cage print, chartreuse self-made pants and coral accessories – Estampado “grade”, calça verde-maçã (feita por mim) e acessórios em coral


Hello my darlings, today’s outfit is all about color and celebrating the upcoming spring! I've finished these pants (sewing review will be up later) after putting Henrique to sleep yesterday’s evening and I couldn't wait to “test-run” them! They are made from stable knit (the same used to make these tops) and I wanted to know if this fabric would sag (I spend most of my day sitting at a desk, so sagging is a major concern for me). So the verdict it almost no sagging (there are some minor wrinkles on the knee area, no big deal IMO; they eventually fade away if I stand up long enough) and comfortable fit, yay! One more garment down for spring and a pants pattern that I will definitely use again in the future! I’m wearing the pants with a cage print peplum top (cage print is very “in” right now and I’m glad my sister-in-law convinced me to buy this top; I'll get to wear it a lot because it goes with pretty much every bottoms in my wardrobe), a black blazer (it frames the top narrowing the silhouette), off-white pumps (a must in my opinion) and an orange/coral bag for a little bit of color contrast. What do you think of the end result? As always, enjoy your day, everybody! 
  
--- 
  
Olá meus queridos, o conjunto de hoje tem tudo a ver com a celebração da Primavera que se aproxima! Terminei de fazer estas calças (o artigo da costura será publicado em breve) ontem à noite depois de deitar o Henrique e mal podia esperar para as experimentar; são feitas de um tipo de malha estável (a mesma destes tops) e estava curiosa em saber como esta malha se ia comportar numas calças, nomeadamente se ia deformar na zona dos joelhos e atrás, pois passo a maior parte do dia sentada no escritório. Pois bem, o veredicto é que praticamente mantêm a forma (fazem umas engelhas na zona dos joelhos, mas nada de especial; desaparecem se me mantiver de pé por algum tempo) e são bastante confortáveis! Mais uma peça para primavera e um molde que com certeza voltarei a utilizar! Estou a usar as calças com um top estampado “grade” (este padrão está muito “in” agora; tenho a agradecer à minha cunhada por me ter convencido a comprar este top pois dá com praticamente tudo), um blazer preto (ao enquadrar o top tem o efeito de estreitar a silhueta), sapatos de salto alto branco-osso (um “must”, na minha opinião) e uma bolsa laranja-coral para dar um pouco de contraste de cor. O que acham do resultado? Como sempre, disfrutem do vosso dia!


All photos by me
Todas as fotos tiradas por mim

15 comments:

  1. Happy Thursday my fabulous Teresa! You are such a star my darling, working, managing the household and look after two children (they say that husband is another child for a wife :) and sewing in the evenings, just so well done, have nothing but huge respect and love for you!
    I like your whole combo, the DIY pants are absolutely stunning, it is hard to believe that they are made of stable knit, because they wonderfully hold the form and shape and the color is so ideal for Spring season. I also would like to point out about your top, which is flirty and trendy, your approach in terms of styling is so smart, your blazer does visually narrow you down and the rounded front panel hems create a flowing feel on the ground of a 'cage' print kind of smoothing it down if you see what I mean. The accessories are gorgeous as well, the watch the jewellery and the bag are a perfect team together! Wish you a very nice evening Teresa!
    Lots of love, kisses and hugs from a very good friend of yours ! <3333333 xoxoxo
    Zhanna
    www.stylehenge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend! I have to agree on the husband, LOL!! Some stable knits don't hold the form very well, it depends on the composition. This one must have some amount of lycra (it has a slight shine) and I suspect that's why it holds its form. The watch was a gift from my husband on my 40's birthday; it has more than 20 different colored straps and numbered loops so I get to wear it a lot matching the colors of my outfits!!
      Thank you so much for your support and kind words, it really means the world to me! Hugs, kisses and lots of love! <3333333

      Delete
  2. Great colours. Look forward to seeing your post on the pants - they look very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky! I'm planning to write the review this weekend when I have more free time; I still need to shoot the detail photos,...

      Delete
  3. Love this grid print top, and your chicly unique styling of it, so brilliant to pair it with army green pants and the pop of orange works fantastically! Yes, you wear the midi trend beautifully! And I wanted to tell you that your english is excellent! You are so thoughtful to stop by...Happy Friday sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sam; your thoughts and feedback also mean a lot to me! I'm glad we met through our blogs! Hugs

      Delete
  4. Bem esse look é lindo e adoro a combinação de cores <3
    As calças ficaram lindaaaas e parecem ser muito confortáveis e elegantes*
    Muitos parabéns por esse óptimo trabalho.

    Beijinho grande,
    Vanessa Ribeiro
    http://nessabyvanessaribeiro.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that look Tany. I think the green is fantastic and I would never have thought it was a knit. I love that top too. Great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, chessboard checks is going to be a hot trends this spring, and it looks great with that shade of green.White pumps are another trendy staple! Much much Love,
    Coco et La vie en rose
    Coco et La vie en rose on Bloglovin
    Coco et La vie en rose on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, spring outfit ! I love the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!